Due to our growth in the United Kingdom, Quatra is offering an exciting opportunity to join our company as a an Operations Support.
Who we are
We are the European market leader in the collection and treatment of used cooking oils. In our processing plants the used cooking oil is upcycled into raw material to produce 2nd generation biofuels and bioplastics. This process results in a reduction of CO2 emissions in 90% compared to regular diesel. As a part of a circular economy, we also supply new cooking oil during the collection of the used oils and fats.
During this process we aim to create opportunities in the market and deal creatively with challenges. Striving for a sustainable society, we continuously innovate our processes. And we accomplish all this thanks to 350 enthusiastic employees in 7 countries that have a goal to provide the best service, at the best price and in the most environmentally friendly way.
At Quatra we are hands-on and do not shy away from a challenge. Moreover, we like to invest in our people, by focusing on a sustainable employment process and growth opportunities. Because of their dedication and enthusiasm, we do better every day!
Are you ready to take part on our international expansion, contribute to a sustainable environment, and to give your career a challenging turn? Then we are looking for you!
What do we look for in a candidate?
In our fast-growing business, the right mindset is crucial. We are looking for motivated employees who fit into our proactive corporate culture. Someone who takes responsibility and action when facing new challenges.
Operations Support, you will effectively supervise the management of the regional
depots and transport operations, ensuring they are safe, efficient, and
profitable. He/she will also make sure that the drivers fully comply with all
relevant legislation as set out by the DVSA, whilst at all times maintaining
high standard of customer service is applied to both internal and external
- Monitoring drivers’ performance and
recommending development plans or disciplinary action where necessary;
- Appraise, train, and develop staff
both directly and through line managers;
- Ensuring that our UK fleet of
vehicles is operating in accordance with legislation and regulations;
- Assisting with the drafting and
implementation of effective policies and processes regarding fleet and
- Ensure drivers maintain regular
vehicle checks; Maintaining accurate and detailed records of vehicle
inspections and services;
- Managing strict vehicle maintenance
and servicing schedules to minimize downtime;
- Ensure standards of Safety, Quality
and Environment at all times. Embed Safety as the highest priority in all Fleet
- Management of driver hours and
tachograph. Ensure tachograph compliance
via Mergroup system.
- Completion of haulier audits;
- Organize tail lift inspections;
- Periodic reporting of Transport
performance, agree and implement remediable action where required;
- Experience of managing teams of multi-drop drivers on a day-to-day basis in all aspects of their employment
- Good knowledge of the whole Microsoft Office package;
- Excellent people management skills;
- Ability and passion to problem solving;
- Effective collaboration and communications skills within a multicultural and multifunctional environment;
- High level of verbal and written communication skills & ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the business;
- Logical thinker with good problem-solving skills;
- Analytical thinker, capable of analysing data to improve processes;
- Motivated and driven to meet the highest
standards of delivery;
- Higher Education is essential, preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Transport Management;
- Ability to work in an international environment;
What We Offer
You’ll get a highly competitive base salary with generous holiday entitlement. You will also get to work for a company with aims to double in size over the next few years and grow alongside them.
position is based at our West London office.